Truth Warrior

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

The Vital Christian Life!

In my previous posts I have tried to communicate the “first things first”. For example the first and most important issue at hand concerning my readers is, “are you saved?” Have you, by God’s grace been born again? See my, “What is the gospel?” and “What is saving faith?” posts.” Then I moved to the “next things next”. For example, just as we need a healthy diet to live well: good food, exercise, and sleep, there are certain elements we need to grow in our new life. When we tell others what Jesus did for us, we testify and bear witness that He will save anyone who will trust in Him alone for salvation.

When we read the Bible, God speaks to us. When we pray, we speak to God. We also need the element of fellowship. This is so vitally important because what you get here at this blogspot is not enough. Christians need to rub shoulders with others who are of like mind and faith. Perhaps you have heard, “the best expression of fellowship is through a local church.” You may once again ask, “Why?” The answer is in the demonstration. For example, I may say “Pray!” - but a brother or sister at church can teach you to pray. I may say “Study the Bible!” - but an elder or deacon can show you how to study the Bible systematically. I may say, “Tell others!” - but through a local church you can receive further training on how to be even more effective in your evangelizing.

The Navigators have used a wheel to illustrate how this works out, the Christ centered life. You can see it by clicking here

My next posts, if God permits, will be all about some “more things more”.

4 Comments:

  • Hi J Wendell,

    I think you've got a great idea with this blog, Christians everywhere need to learn the basics. May God bless you in your ministry!

    By the way, I've noticed that you're getting a lot of comment spam. Google put out a new feature about a week ago to block it out (or at least the automated stuff). Just go to your dashboard and scroll down a little, and you'll see the link. I'm pretty sure it's free.

    By Blogger loren, at 6/9/05 11:47 PM  

  • Loren~

    Thanks for your encouragement, and for the information about the spam.

    May God's best be to you.

    By Blogger J. Wendell, at 7/9/05 11:50 PM  

  • Hi J Wendell,

    Thanks for stopping by! I see you found the word verification feature, that's the one I was talking about. It would be nice of there was something a little easier. My blog has a similar objective to yours, so for both of us I think it would be a case of the easier the better.

    By Blogger loren, at 8/9/05 12:58 AM  

  • Lorn~ I fully concure. By the way, I found your blog to be very thought provoking. Keep up the good work.

    By Blogger J. Wendell, at 9/9/05 6:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Who Links Here