Truth Warrior

Friday, June 02, 2006

The Fundamentals of the Faith (Part 8)

The Second Comming

The imminent and physical return of Christ is a truth that is spoken of in many places throughout the entire Bible. To reach a conclusion that Christ will not return physically one must deny, or spiritualize away the other “fundamentals.” Jesus’ physical return is the capstone for those who believe in the Jesus of the Bible, because it means we will see Him as He is, and behold Him in His splendor.

This event is our “...blessed hope...” (Titus 2:13)

It is true that there are variations in views and approaches about the end-times, and the events that lead up to the second coming of Christ. This is an important topic; however, these variations are not fundamental. The fundamental truth is that He will come again just as He promised. Neither the day nor the hour can be predicted, but He will come quickly! This event will take place and every eye shall see it! (cf. Acts 1:9-11; Rev. 22:7, 12, and 20)

Are you ready for this event?

8 Comments:

  • How should one be ready, John?

    By Blogger Matthew Celestine, at 2/6/06 11:58 AM  

  • Wow, I'm reading this post on Friday, June 2!

    I pray that I am ready to meet my Lord at any moment, either through his second coming or an unexpected homegoing.

    By Blogger mas, at 2/6/06 3:15 PM  

  • I do not think Christ could come at any moment. I believe Christ's coming will be preceded by many events.

    However, I doubt that John wants a debate about particular views of our Lord's coming here.

    Every Blessing in Christ

    Matthew

    By Blogger Matthew Celestine, at 2/6/06 3:53 PM  

  • DF~
    Allow me to point you to one of my earliest posts called What is Saving Faith.

    Mas~ Thank you for correcting me on my posted date. If one is saved one is ready.

    By Blogger J. Wendell, at 3/6/06 7:00 AM  

  • DF~
    I am delighted in you intrest. We will get to it soon enough my brother, if the Lord tarries ;~) !

    By Blogger J. Wendell, at 3/6/06 7:03 AM  

  • Good post on "What is saving faith."

    The EE ministry covers these three main points in their gospel presentation.

    Jazzycat

    By Blogger webmaster, at 3/6/06 11:07 AM  

  • Yes, Brandon Presbyterian; E.E. Is also a very nice tool to arm the church to do the work of an evangelist.

    Thanks for reading.

    By Blogger J. Wendell, at 3/6/06 2:04 PM  

  • Yeah Dr Kennedy always presents the gospel with clarity.

    By Blogger Bhedr, at 3/6/06 6:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Who Links Here