Truth Warrior

Sunday, July 02, 2006

PENTECOSTAL POWER

Words & Music:
Charles H. Gab­ri­el, in Great Re­viv­al Hymns, No. 2, by
Hom­er Ro­de­heav­er and
Bent­ley Ack­ley (Chi­ca­go, Il­li­nois: The Ro­de­heav­er Com­pa­ny, 1912)

Lord, as of old, at Pentecost,
Thou didst Thy power display,
With cleansing, purifying flame,
Descend on us today.

Refrain

Lord, send the old-time power, the Pentecostal power!
Thy floodgates of blessing, on us throw open wide!
Lord, send the old-time power, the Pentecostal power!
That sinners be converted and Thy Name glorified!

For mighty works for Thee, prepare
And strengthen every heart;
Come, take possession of Thine own,
And never more depart.

Refrain

All self consume, all sin destroy!
With earnest zeal endue
Each waiting heart to work for Thee;
O Lord, our faith renew!

Refrain

Speak, Lord! before Thy throne we wait,
Thy promise we believe,
And will not let Thee go until
The blessing we receive.

Refrain

8 Comments:

  • I am not sure whether or not I agree with the theology of this hymn.

    By Blogger Matthew Celestine, at 2/7/06 9:24 AM  

  • Oh that we would all get on our knees to see the true power of God made known in our generation and not the Seeker sensitive Rock the gospel power. O that our hearts would be burdened with prayer and the fires of Gods convicting presence move amongst us again as he did back in the day of men like Billy Sunday, Bob Jones, or Earlier with DL Moody. May he grip our hearts once again. Back in those days folks would get saved and bars would shut down. In fact there was no abolition, but Bar owners would press to not have these speakers come to preach for fear the same thing would happen in their day.

    I can remember going to see vespers on Sunday in the old Rodheaver auditiorium and some of these days would be acted out. Oh we must needs pray for this to happen once again in our day.

    By Blogger Bhedr, at 2/7/06 1:45 PM  

  • Matthew, I see your point.

    Brian, peach it brother.

    By Blogger J. Wendell, at 3/7/06 5:27 AM  

  • You must have just come back from visiting Georgia???

    Did you listen to Lutzer today talk about what happened in a great revival in the 70's up in Canada?

    By Blogger Bhedr, at 3/7/06 2:38 PM  

  • No. What did he say? What happened?

    By Blogger J. Wendell, at 4/7/06 5:21 AM  

  • Oh he was *peach*ing:-)

    Actually a revival broke out and people were going back to the border saying they were illegal and turning stuff in that they snuck past them. Things like that. He said it broke out everywhere. I guess that's when you know the Holy Spirit is working. Not the tongues stuff, but the little things in our lives.

    Pray for me right now brother. I am going through spiritual warfare in my life. I am troubled about some things within the S.B.C and I believe that I am going to leave my church and return to an Independent Baptist church. Pray for me. My heart is broken right now about some stuff that I can rationalize no longer. It hurts.

    My wife is not on the same page. I know that the idependents arent perfect either, but they are just that...independent, and I just can't get peace about it unless I leave.

    By Blogger Bhedr, at 4/7/06 3:52 PM  

  • Brother Brian~
    My heart goes out to you and I am praying for you during this difficult moment

    By Blogger J. Wendell, at 5/7/06 6:38 AM  

  • Thank you brother, and thank you for the email.

    I am going to take a month away from the church and visit in Norfolk and clear my head as you know that I can be reactionary and I want to make sure that God is speaking here and not my emotions. If not then the concerns I have will need to be addressed. Again, thank you for the prayer.

    By Blogger Bhedr, at 5/7/06 4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Who Links Here