Truth Warrior

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Some Examples of Spiritual Gifts in the Church

Some examples of spiritual gifts in my local Church include:

Stan, who has the gift of administration. God placed him in a position where he was blessed in dealing with governmental red tape for ABWE mostly in the Philippines.

Jean has the gift of exhortation. She uses her gift in a multi-faceted way. She encourages Bible study and memorization. This is a great gift for a teacher to have and does she ever teach! All her students agree and I have not met one exception. She also has the gift of teacher.

At the drop of a hat, Steve will go anywhere to help anyone with anything. He does it with cheer and care. His gift can be confused with mercy, and helps, but I think the main gift he has is diakonia (ministering). Steve is a blessing to everyone he serves.

Organizing is agonizing for me, but my wife Rose can even straighten that out and she does so with mercy. Her gifts include administration and mercy.

I know someone who can spot something that’s out of place, or just not exactly right. He also comes along side to offer constructive criticism in a pleasant non-offensive manner his name is Jeff. He has the gift of discernment and his wife Mary imparts her gift to him because they love to encourage the saints together. She has the gift of helps.

When I was a babe in Christ (and a young single adult at that time) Charley exercised his gift of faith and asked me to care for his house and property while he and his wife did some extensive traveling. He had “faith” in me to be a good steward.

Philip would be content to spend his days in the study except that he has a passion to share what he’s learned with others and to bring them along. Have you guessed? He is a pastor/teacher.

Do you have saints serving together that you would like to tell us about?

Part 2 of Some Examples of Spiritual Gifts in the Church we will look at fellow bloggers.

6 Comments:

  • Those are great examples.

    By Blogger Matthew Celestine, at 13/7/06 7:51 AM  

  • What a great way to view the spiritual gifts!. Most of the time we just philosophize about them. We seldom recognize them "out loud" in others.

    Good stuff!

    By Blogger Joe, at 13/7/06 1:46 PM  

  • Thanks DF,
    Tomorrow I will put the spotlight on some brothers and sisters in blogdom.

    I hope you will be thinking so you can contribute your ideas with us too.

    By Blogger J. Wendell, at 13/7/06 2:26 PM  

  • Joe,
    You are so encouraging.

    I hope you will come back tomorrow too.

    By Blogger J. Wendell, at 13/7/06 2:27 PM  

  • Wow! I loved this post...one of your best.

    You said>Organizing is agonizing for me, but my wife Rose can even straighten that out and she does so with mercy<

    Hey! Your wife and mine have something of tremendous value that is in common with one another.

    Pray for my wife by the way. She has been teaching the learning center at her school and was approached to teach 5 and 6th grades. She feels intimidated, but I want to really get behind her and help her. She is so much quicker and wittier than I am. She has soo many gifts that are untapped and very resourceful. unfortunately she had an alcoholic father who abused her and insulted her, making her to feel as though she cannot do anything. That has affected her thinking and her fathers voice has affected me, but praise God he is working past all of this and placing mercy and Grace in its place.

    Pray for my family. There was also an offer to bring our kids to this christian school. We have been unable to afford this so this will take a leap of faith for the whole family. I covet your prayers deeply. I know you have been praying already.

    You are such a rounded brother. I have learned much from you.

    By Blogger Bhedr, at 13/7/06 6:50 PM  

  • Thank you Brian,

    You and yours are in our payers.

    By Blogger J. Wendell, at 14/7/06 6:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Who Links Here