Truth Warrior

Monday, July 03, 2006

Part 2 All He Has for Me (Discovering my Spiritual Gift/s) The Best Gifts

The Bible indicates that there are gifts that are best for you and me (1Cor. 12: 31).

What is the best (KJV) or the greater (NIV, and NASB) gift is it apostleship? NO. Is it prophecy? No. Is it teacher? Not necessarily. The word employed is kreitton (2909) it means stronger, more powerful, superior or better. Thayer’s says, “…more useful, more serviceable”

The Neon in my driveway is better than that Corvette in the showroom!!!

Why?

Because I have the key to the Neon! It’s mine! I can drive away in it! It serves the purpose it is intended to serve, the Corvette, while being a nice car to look at, for me and my life it serves no purpose. It does not belong to me.

Here is the point of this post; the better or best gift for you is the one God gave you to use for Him. Therefore, make the most of it, discover what it is (or what they are) learn about it (or them), and throw yourself into developing that gift in you by using it to the fullest (the best of your ability).

Have you discovered your gift/s yet?

What is your gift/s?

5 Comments:

  • I've been seeing a lot of Mustang and Sebring convertibles this weekend---I will strive to be content with the paid for 95 Cavalier that gets me to work each day!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/7/06 5:58 AM  

  • Hi Bill~
    Thanks for stopping by!

    That Cavalier is also a means to the end of providing for your family, and getting you all to the local assembly where you can encourage the saints and in so doing you edify the body of Christ!

    By Blogger J. Wendell, at 3/7/06 6:45 AM  

  • Wow! I like that thought. Very punching into the soul and discerning. Many ways to apply the thought. Thanks

    By Blogger Bhedr, at 3/7/06 2:35 PM  

  • That was nice of you to say.

    By Blogger J. Wendell, at 4/7/06 5:19 AM  

  • PGA Dreamer~
    Welcome to the Earnest Contender.

    It sounds like you have been blessed in many ways. Hey, I have a minivan from the same year too.

    Keep coming back,
    brother John

    By Blogger J. Wendell, at 5/7/06 7:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Who Links Here