Truth Warrior

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

My Comments on 1 Corinthians 1:4-9©

4I thank my God always on your behalf, for the grace of God which is given you by Jesus Christ; 5That in everything ye are enriched by him, in all utterance, and in all knowledge; 6Even as the testimony of Christ was confirmed in you: 7So that ye come behind in no gift; waiting for the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ: 8Who shall also confirm you unto the end, that ye may be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.

God’s Word is so rich, and powerful. Thanking God has become very natural to me as breathing, bathing, and banking. OK those last two weren’t always so natural for me, but neither was praise and thankfulness. I thank God for you my brother and sister, in Christ; we have a connection that is deeper than the name on the door of our church, or the sign in front, or names we are called by others or to my shame, names I have called some of you. We are brothers and sisters in Christ (did I ever mention that those are my two favorite words in the Bible?) We are enriched by Him! The Greek word for enrich is pronounced ploo-tid'-zo, it means to make wealthy (figuratively): - en- (make) rich.
____________________________________________

Side Bar: I am not a Greek Scholar; I do use a wonderful program called eSword, why not give it a try yourself?
____________________________________________

Now I hope this doesn't shock any of you, but I think it's OK to be rich. I mean wealthy! God, right, here has given us a clue how to get even richer. I may be going out on a limb on this one; tell me what you think.

That is the first stream of conciousness (rambling).
The second one that came to mind is belonging. It is so wonderful to belong, to be accepted! Jesus Christ has accepted me into His family called the church, and His church that meets in Toledo, has accepted me too. If you are "in Christ" why not give thanks to God for His acceptance of you?

Have you been accepted into Jesus' heart?

In His riches,
John 10:10

4 Comments:

  • I am also not a Greek scholar, but I saw one on tv once. I'm not sure Paul's context is referring to money riches. His context is in utterance, knowledge and in spiritual gifts. The point of the enriching is to be blameless on the day of our Lord. I doubt building barns for our wealth is what counts on the day of our Lord.

    However, I do agree that being rich in money is not inherently sinful, just not based on this passage.

    By Blogger jeff, at 5/2/09 3:44 PM  

  • Hi Jeff,
    Good point, thanks for the comment.

    By Blogger J. Wendell, at 5/2/09 10:37 PM  

  • Speaking of Greek, as an aside, there is a another very good (and FREE!) interlinear bible tool that can be downloaded here:http://www.scripture4all.org/.

    It does Greek and Hebrew, and even lets you do searches for word forms and whatnot. Very handy, quite well done, and, as I said, free.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/3/09 5:03 PM  

  • Thanks for the tip I am anxious to check it out.

    By Blogger J. Wendell, at 5/3/09 5:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Who Links Here