Truth Warrior

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Take My Life

Words: Fran­ces R. Ha­ver­gal, Feb­ru­a­ry 1874

Click here for my favorite tune ar­ranged from Wolf­gang A. Mozart (1756-1791)

Clik here for the tune I grew up knowing and loving, by Hen­ri A. C. Ma­lan, 1827; harmo­ny by Low­ell Ma­son, 1841

Take my life, and let it be consecrated, Lord, to Thee.
Take my moments and my days; let them flow in ceaseless praise.
Take my hands, and let them move at the impulse of Thy love.
Take my feet, and let them be swift and beautiful for Thee.

Take my voice, and let me sing always, only, for my King.
Take my lips, and let them be filled with messages from Thee.
Take my silver and my gold; not a mite would I withhold.
Take my intellect, and use every power as Thou shalt choose.

Take my will, and make it Thine; it shall be no longer mine.
Take my heart, it is Thine own; it shall be Thy royal throne.
Take my love, my Lord, I pour at Thy feet its treasure store.
Take myself, and I will be ever, only, all for Thee.

7 Comments:

  • This is a great hymn. I don't think I had ever heard the Mozart tune for this song, but I know the one you grew up with very well.

    The second verse that you have here is the one that I always sing most passionately. I love to sing and admit that sometimes (okay, often) I love to sing for my pride and not for my King. I also like to think that I'm pretty smart, so the whole intellect thing also hits close to home. With both of these things the TAKE part of the song is important. As God has reminded me over and over again recently, I am not good at surrendering things to Him, so sometimes He has to take things from me to put me where He wants me. Singing this gives Him permission to take control when I have trouble giving freely!

    By Blogger Angie, at 16/7/06 8:06 AM  

  • That is a great hymn.

    By Blogger Matthew Celestine, at 16/7/06 9:26 AM  

  • IS~
    The Second Chapter of Acts did the rendition that I have come to enjoy most. They used the Mozart tune.

    I like your honest comment, thanks. It's nice to know we can be genuine and not worry about falling through a knothole in the plank of grace.

    BTW what surprised you about my last post?

    By Blogger J. Wendell, at 17/7/06 6:48 AM  

  • Yes, Matthew I agree.

    By Blogger J. Wendell, at 17/7/06 6:48 AM  

  • My inclusion was somewhat surprising given that I was not a regular visitor here and have not really seen you over at my blog. I suppose I visit several blogs that you do, but I would not have thought that I would make such a list. It is nice to be noticed, so I appreciate it.

    By Blogger Angie, at 17/7/06 12:15 PM  

  • Angie,
    Yes I understand now.

    I could have included many others who I have learned from. My reason is that I do read your comments (esp. @ R.R.) and I like your smile when you comment.

    Thanks for answering.

    By Blogger J. Wendell, at 17/7/06 5:59 PM  

  • BTW,
    I am stretched far too thin to make as many comments as I would like.

    By Blogger J. Wendell, at 17/7/06 6:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Who Links Here