Truth Warrior

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Becoming Like Christ

I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. (Galatians 3:20 cf. Romans 6)

Conforming to or, “…to be molded into the image of His Son [and share inwardly His likeness]…” (Romans 8:28-29 TAB) is my passion and I hope it is yours too. I am taking time to share some big ideas in small doses that I hope will have a huge impact on any who may read here. I hope you will share your thoughts too. That way we can all grow and benifit from each other. If you want to know what I think about theological orthodoxy you can find it at TEC Theology Page. For now, here at The Earnest Contender blog, I am zooming in on orthopraxis. The way we believe will affect the way we live. Building our own personal relationship with Christ and to let others in on it is such a joy for me.

Stay bright,
Brother John

2 Comments:

  • John,

    Good entry. I agree, the way we believe will affect how we live. In fact, it is our "indicative" fact we are made holy by God is the very reason we follow the commands of God. In other words, we obey God because of our "already" position in Christ and his accomplishments in making us holy. We persevere in holiness because God has made us holy, rather than we persevere to become holy.

    This is one of the striking aspects of redemption in the Christian life. Redemption is not a club were we must do things to become holy. Paul expresses this in Romans, such as, are we to sin so that grace may abound? The answer is of course not, you're not going to want to do that because of who you are in Christ.

    You're writting good stuff, John. I am enjoying your entries.

    By Blogger Earl Flask, at 12/8/07 1:33 PM  

  • Thanks Earl,
    I think you and I do view perseverence the same way. Thanks for sharing your thoughts here.

    Romans 6 is a great passage. Thanks for reading here brother.

    By Blogger J. Wendell, at 12/8/07 3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Who Links Here