Truth Warrior

Sunday, April 15, 2007

Hot Off the Presses!

Living it Up with Downs!

I have put a new link on my side bar. I put it there intentionally, as I do all the links I add. I did not put it on as a “favor for a friend”, though if he were to ask me to I would have done so and that without hesitation. M. L. Ramirez (I know him as Martin) author of a new book, just released called Living It Up With Downs, is a father of three, and a co- worker on the “other side” of the postal service. ;-) He is a Clerk and if you didn’t know, I am a Carrier.

I can speak with authority as the Safety Captain of the Reynolds Corners Post Office when I say He works well with people, Martin is the Union Steward of the Clerks, and we do have the opportunity to work on problem solving tasks together from time to time. It did not take long for me to realize he loves working well with people, as if it were his purpose in life.

Martin has a special mentor in his life, his 10 year old son Mario. Mario has Downs and has taught his dad (Martin) four basic life lessons. Martin has learned them well, and he would like to share this valuable information with you. Further Martin has started a Web site Living it Up with Downs.Com to raise the awareness level of the value of individuals with special needs. I am asking you to go visit that site and then recomend it to others. You'll be glad you did.

I have read the book Living It Up With Downs word for word, from cover to coverand I recommend it to all who visit here.

Stay salty,
Brother John

4 Comments:

  • I first would like to thank God for helping me find my purpose when he sent me an angle.(Mario my son with Down syndrome.)I would like to secondly thank my friend John for not only reading our book,but also,for recomending it. It is people like John that will help us get our message out. I wish you-John continued success, and for all weather you chose to support our endevour or not, many blessing to you too! "Don't ask that your challenge get any easier, ask that you get better at your challenge." Thanks for living that motto John!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 15/4/07 2:07 PM  

  • Great site recommendation!

    I have had many friends who have Downs Syndrome and they and their families are some of the sweetest, most dedicated people on earth.

    One blessed young lady with Downs works at a McDonalds that I frequent (OK, maybe too often). She always speaks, always smiles and always offers to help..."Do you need ketchup?" "Want mroe coffee?"

    If I do, she'll go get ketchup or refill my coffee...never mind that the coffee dispensers are right behind my table...she wants to help.

    Thanks for the link!

    By Blogger Joe, at 19/4/07 7:19 PM  

  • Hi Martin,
    I have a passion for those who are differently able. Your description of a yellow flower in a field of blue ones makes perfect sense. One of my best and most loyal friends throughout my childhood and early adult hood has been a guy named Mark (last name withheld), he was bright yellow. ;-) I could tell many stories about our adventures, and how he played a role in my spiritual pilgrimage. He and his family moved to Tennessee, but when they’re in town we usually get a chance to visit.

    Our church has a local outreach and ABF called Shepherds which is a local group of a larger family of partners Shepherds [Baptist] Ministries.

    I wish you and your family God’s very best.

    Keep on living it up!
    John

    By Blogger J. Wendell, at 20/4/07 11:23 AM  

  • Joe,
    I just knew you would be encouraging!

    I know Downs can be difficult to understand, but we may have a wrong approach to it. Martin really brings this out in his moving book. Downs is not something we "others" should fear, but instead those with Downs should be embraced, and supported, and IMHO in some ways imitated. “In what ways?” one may ask. My counsel, “Go to Living It Up With Downs.com get the book, support a good cause, read the book, stretch, learn, and grow; then you'll know.

    Joe, thanks for reading and leaving your fine comment brother.

    J. Wendell

    By Blogger J. Wendell, at 20/4/07 11:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Who Links Here