Truth Warrior

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Always Reforming?

While genuine Christians are called to be transform by the renewal of their minds so that they may conform to the image of Christ.

So I say, live by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the sinful nature. For the sinful nature desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the sinful nature. They are in conflict with each other, so that you do not do what you want. But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under law.

The acts of the sinful nature are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the sinful nature with its passions and desires. Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other.

How does this article square with the selfish ambitions of a few to overthrow the life changing message of Christ in us the hope of glory? Why is this, an issue? Instead of always reforming why not really obey the Bible and come out from among them and be separate?

Stay bright,
John

1 Comments:

  • Years ago I spent a fair amount of time in the 'wrong' churches. This actually has helped in the long run.

    I learned from my involvement in the same regional assembly that that article was written about that I was not to be among them for long!

    Not only did it 'feel' wrong to accept infant baptism, female ministers(one was presiding as I was there), liberal thought like abortion was okay (just a part of freedom of choice), all religions lead to GOD (they even had a Koran in their library/ were taking the youth on field trips to local Hindu/ Buddhist temples), the youth leader was a middle aged rock music addict that was seeing a divorced single mom and the prior youth leader had been living with a young lady that was a complete wreck ( largely from the sin in that relationship), I myself was very needy yet no one took me aside to disciple me though a lady spent time with me as a kind of guidance counselor/ mentor yet I seemed to be giving more spiritually into her life during our talks with her using psychology and me sharing what I was learning in my own Bible studies! None of this experience squared with what I was reading in my Bible. Well the one thing that did square was that this church was not alive spiritually.

    There was NO true repentance and grace through the washing of the word going on here.

    The Blood of Christ was not preached with power! Maybe, occasionally mentioned amidst the 'inspirational' humanistic stories that were told on Sunday morning but that is all.

    I walked away believing that it was very possible that these people did not know the Lord Jesus Christ and that is including the new Pastor and his wife, how tragic!

    Praise God for the Holy Spirit our teacher and guide.

    We ARE to come out from among them pure and simple.

    If a babe in Christ can yield to that then we all can.

    The local Church is to be the place of enrichment for the Christian that they might grow in godliness. We should never convince ourselves that we should substitute time in God's word/ and a day of resting in His word to be on the mission field. This is not effective, we do more (for them and ourselves) by obeying God's command to be separate.

    Thank You John fro reminding me of where I have been and where I am going!

    Jacinda

    By Blogger Jacinda, at 21/9/07 10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Who Links Here