Truth Warrior

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Priorities (2)

I have made a list of every area of my life that is important to me, and I have tried to set them in order. “Why have you made a list?” one may ask. Good question! The answer is that a pastor/friend of mine from yesteryear Pastor Jerry Littlejohn told me, “…that when we write things down it gives them structure.” This is so true! Just as a “honey do” list this helps me to keep ideas to shoot for in order. Then I can set goals for each area to master.

The goals may change, and the ideas may vary (not much in my case), but it helps me to focus on the essential areas of my life and exposes, as under a spotlight, areas that are not moving me ahead in the direction I wish to be going. We also must remember to take joy, and enjoy all the blessings of God.

Keep focused,
Brother John

2 Comments:

  • John,
    I have always done this throughout my life. How many times has this been used to show me I was walking in error? I will never know!
    I make it part of my quiet time regularly.
    And while measuring with what the Bible says choose to continue on or move in a different direction.
    Again what cumulitive value this will have in the end for each of us we can only imagine.
    Thanks for the admonishment to use such simple tools in our walk.
    Jacinda

    By Blogger Jacinda, at 14/9/07 12:22 AM  

  • Hi Jacinda,

    Thanks for your contribution. I am glad you see the value of this, and that it works well for you.

    I shared this with a small group, when a woman said she hated doing that! She said she enjoys life more just doing as she wishes. In the end I wonder if she will accomplish her greatest desires, hopes and dreams.

    I may not be able to get done all I wish to do, but I do feel further ahead. As I am able to fulfill each goal I set (the same with my honey do list) a job well done gets crossed off the list with grateful satisfaction in the Lord who is my strength.

    John

    By Blogger J. Wendell, at 14/9/07 5:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Who Links Here